Three professionals join HEI's Maple Grove team: Cait Caswell, Aaron Frankl, and Griffin McComas. Learn more about them below.
Cait Caswell joins HEI as a Civil Engineer with our water resources group. In this role, Cait will prepare various models to address water resource challenges, analyze project data to complete designs, work with other departments on complex multidiscipline projects, provide on-site construction inspections and survey crew assistance, and work with CAD designers on project designs.
Originally from Arlington Heights, IL, Cait obtained her bachelor's degree in bioproducts and biosystems engineering from the University of Minnesota (U of M). While at the U of M, Cait worked as an undergraduate research assistant for an ongoing biosecurity research project. For this project, she assembled and analyzed data to identify biosecurity trends and themes as well as tested samples for nitrogen using VELP technology.
- Hobbies: Rollerblading and birdwatching
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Geothermal power plant in Iceland
- Most Memorable Concert: Cage the Elephant at Lollapalooza
- I cheer for the Chicago Cubs
- What is your dream car? Mazda Miata
Aaron Frankl joins HEI as an Environmental Scientist with our water quality group. In this role, Aaron will help project managers with various biological, ecological, and limnological water quality and water resource projects. He will assist with modeling and verification while working at the interface between challenging water quality and sustainability issues and solutions that address our client’s needs.
Originally from Wilmette, IL, Aaron earned his bachelor's degree in geology from Carleton College and earned his master’s degree in soil science from the University of Minnesota (U of M). While working as a graduate research assistant during his master’s program, Aaron provided various management tasks that ensured correct analyses, completed a variety of tasks for department projects, developed and managed grant proposals, and represented the U of M while communicating scientific work at agricultural community events and conferences.
- Hobbies: Hiking, cooking, and reading
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Iceland
- Top Destination on Bucket List: Japan
- I cheer for the Golden State Warriors, Brentford Bees, and Chicago Bears
- I am excited to join the HEI team because I love Minnesota waters!
Griffin McComas joins HEI as a Civil Engineer with our water resources group. In this role, Griffin will prepare various models to address water resource challenges, analyze project data to complete designs, work with other departments on complex multidiscipline projects, provide on-site construction inspections and survey crew assistance, and work with CAD designers on project designs.
Born and raised in Minnesota, Griffin obtained his bachelor's degree in civil engineering from South Dakota State University. Prior to joining HEI, Griffin worked as a student operator at the Wastewater Treatment Plant in Brookings, SD, where he managed plant operations and that the effluent leaving the plant met treatment standards.
- Hobbies: Nordic skiing, fishing, playing tennis, foraging, or spending time outside
- Favorite Food(s): Watermelon and BBQ
- Currently Watching: Daredevil
- Top Destination on Bucket List: Norway
- What superpower do you wish you had? Flying
- I’m excited to be part of the HEI team because it seems like a fun company with really interesting work