Kessler Heilman joins HEI as a Civil Engineer working in our Minot office. Kessler will focus on the Mouse River Enhanced Flood Protection project
and other projects in and around Minot as a resident project representative assisting with client communications, and collaborating with project teams to ensure the project is being completed safely and efficiently. He will also provide assistance in preparing plans, specifications, and detailed reports on various projects.
Kessler was born and raised in Minot, ND, and recently earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of North Dakota. Kessler is a familiar face to our team, he interned with HEI last summer. Kessler’s family was affected by the 2011 flood in Minot, so he is proud to be part of our team that is working on projects to mitigate the threat of flooding to his hometown.
- Hobbies: I love to do anything outdoors from camping, hiking, playing sports such as basketball and golf, and cruising around on my motorcycle in the summers. Some other hobbies of mine include lifting, playing video games, and spending time with friends and family on a regular basis.
- Pets: Boston Terrier named Penny (2 years old)
- Random Fact: I played on the Men’s Golf Team for the University of North Dakota
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Going to the Pacific Northwest while I was still in high school was probably my most memorable trip. We went hiking on Mount Rainier and took a ferry across Elliott Bay in Seattle, which was a cool experience.
- I enjoy listening to rock, punk rock, and rap music.
- What is your dream car? Any sort of newer vehicle with off-roading technology. I love going off-roading in the country with friends in the summer.
- Favorite Food: Any sort of fair food and Asian food.
- Top Destination on Bucket List: When I was younger, I was really interested in geology which sparked my interest in visiting Iceland at some point in my life. I would love to visit the Thingvellir National Park and see a plate boundary in person.
- I’m excited to be part of the HEI team because of the impact I get to have on the community I grew up in. I love working with people and learning how things are done and how they work on a technical level. It is still surreal to me that I get to work on projects that will better our society and hopefully pave the way for a more sustainable future.
Cole McGough joins HEI as a Civil Engineer working in our Grand Forks office. Cole will provide construction observation services and also focus on transportation projects in preparing detailed engineering reports, plans, and specifications, assisting with client communications, as well as collaborating with project teams to complete projects safely and efficiently.
Originally from Valley City, ND, Cole recently earned a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from North Dakota State University. Cole has grown his experience from past internships at KLJ in Valley City and Fargo that exposed him to almost every aspect of transportation engineering and a little bit of structure engineering.
- Hobbies: Golf, hunting, and snow skiing.
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Wisconsin Dells.
- Most Memorable Concert: Blake Shelton at WE Fest in Detroit Lakes, MN.
- Currently Reading: Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson.
- Favorite Food: Steak and eggs.
- Favorite Podcasts: Two Bears, One Cave and The Joe Rogan Experience.
- Top Destination on Bucket List: Hawaii.
- I cheer for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- How do you like to start your day? Cup of coffee.