Ben Pitkin joins HEI as a Communications Specialist in our Bismarck office. Ben will be responsible for developing proposals, project reports, and presentations as well as various other marketing and communications tasks to support staff across the firm. He will work closely with department and company leadership to develop and execute marketing and communication strategies to support business development initiatives.
Originally from Dickinson, ND, Ben holds both a MA and BS in English from North Dakota State University (NDSU). Prior to joining HEI, Ben taught first-year writing courses at NDSU and worked as a writing consultant at the NDSU Center for Writers to help students improve their writing and hone their writing skills. Additionally, Ben has technical knowledge from his work as an intern and AutoCAD/GIS Technician at Highlands Engineering and Surveying.
Ben running the 2021 Fargo Half Marathon.
- Hobbies: Reading, running, and hanging out with friends.
- Random Fact: I used to live on an island.
- Most Memorable Concert: Ghost.
- Favorite Podcast: Hardcore History.
- Currently Reading: Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.
- I enjoy listening to Glass Animals, rock, and metal music.
- I cheer for the Red Sox, Patriots, and Bison.
- How do you like your coffee? Ruined with creamer.
- I’m excited to be a part of the HEI team because I look forward to being able to see projects I work on come to fruition with real-life results.