HEI welcomes two new members: Carter Ueland and Siane Chirpich!
Carter joins HEI as a Civil Engineer in our Fargo office. Carter will assist project managers with project drawings, technical reports, quantity calculations, and client communications. Originally from Thief River Falls, MN, Carter earned his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of North Dakota. Before joining HEI, he worked at the City of Grand Forks for 2 years as a civil engineer.
- Hobbies: Hunting, Golf
- Family: Fiancée, Amy Hanson
- Pets: 2 dogs, Daisy (Golden Retriever) and Lilly (Miniature Dachshund)
- Random Fact: I am afraid of heights
- Most Memorable Vacation: Mexico 2021
- Top Destination on Bucket List: The Swiss Alps
- Most Memorable Concert: Chris Stapleton at the Alerus Center
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite Podcast: The Tim Dillon Show
- Favorite Movie Genres: Action/Drama
- Favorite Sports: Basketball and golf
- Favorite Season: Fall
- Currently Reading: Chaos by Tom O’Neil
- Currently Watching: Pirates of the Caribbean
- On My Playlist: Greta Van Fleet, Colter Wall
- Work Fuel: Cameron’s Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee
- Current Favorite 3 Apps on Phone: Sleeper, Twitter, Netflix
- Dream Car: 6 Speed Mustang
- What do you love about your community? It’s outdoor based, lots of walking trails, parks, and ponds full of wildlife.
- I’m excited to be part of the HEI team because I’m excited for the opportunities that lie ahead to grow and contribute to the team.
Siane joins HEI as a Scientist in our Maple Grove office. Siane will primarily serve our agribusiness clients with water quality services. Originally from Erechim, Brazil, she earned her bachelor’s degree in engineering from the Universidade Federal da Fronteira in Sul, Erechim, then moved on to earn her master’s degree in bioproducts and biosystems engineering from the University of Minnesota.
Plan trips, play some kind of sport, and paint glass mandalas
I’m married to Brody and we have a little guy, Nolan, who is 8 months old
A cat, Sampson
Random Facts or Special Skills:
I have a travel blog and I’m a travel advisor
Most Memorable Vacation:
When we brought Nolan to Brazil for the first time
Top Destination on Bucket List:
Most Memorable Concert:
Brazilian-style barbecue and sushi
Favorite Movie Genres:
Adventure, fiction, and romance
Handball, spikeball, and volleyball
Currently Reading: Cherish
Currently Watching: Manifest
On My Playlist:
I love acoustic guitar songs, so a lot of Jack Johnson and Ed Sheeran
Coffee and chimarrao
Current Favorite 3 Apps on Phone:
Whatsapp, Instagram, and Spotify
A black Mustang Mach-E
What do you love about your community?
Spontaneous gatherings and the freedom to talk about anything
I’m excited to be part of the HEI team because
of the family and collaborative environment you seem to have.
Siane with her son, Nolan, and husband, Brody.