Kayla Boettcher joins HEI’s team as a GIS Technician in our Maple Grove office. Kayla will participate in all aspects of GIS analysis which includes creating maps, data analysis, data management, and working with in-house GIS tools. Additionally, Kayla will help assist employees across the firm with GIS training and user support.
A native from Menomonie, WI, Kayla holds a bachelor’s degree in environmental biology from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and is currently pursuing a master’s degree in data intelligence and GeoAnalytics from the same university. Prior to joining HEI, Kayla worked as a GIS Technician for Geospatial Services.
Kayla enjoys volunteering with several water monitoring groups.
Kayla is a local title holder for the Miss America organization.
Kayla’s cat named Teddy.
- Hobbies: I enjoy fishing and hanging out at the lake with my family. I volunteer with several water monitoring groups including the Wetland Health Evaluation Program in Dakota County, the stream health evaluation program in the Rice Creek Watershed District and I am a certified Minnesota Water Steward.
- Pets: I have a cat named Teddy.
- Random Fact: I am a local title holder for the Miss America Organization, and I had the opportunity to compete for Miss Minnesota last June where I placed in the top 12 (see picture below).
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Panama City, Panama.
- Most Memorable Concert: Hailee Steinfeld.
- Favorite Food: A classic BLT.
- Favorite Podcast: Chicks in the Office.
- Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
- Currently Watching: Friends.
- Top Destination on Bucket List: Greece.
- I enjoy listening to pretty much any type of music.
- I cheer for the Minnesota Vikings, Twins, and the Wild.
- How do you like your coffee? With an unnecessary amount of creamer.
- How do you like to start your day? Snuggling with my cat Teddy
- I’m excited to be part of the HEI team because everyone seems super nice!