Neil Austin joins our team as a Senior Civil Engineer in our Minot office. Originally from Devils Lake, ND, Neil earned his bachelor's and master's degree in civil engineering from the University of North Dakota.
We're thrilled to welcome Neil to our team, bringing with him a wealth of experience as a former district engineer for the Indian Health Service. His background in sanitation facilities, designs of potable water treatments, wastewater collection, solid waste collection, construction management, and overall technical leadership on district engineering projects makes him a valuable addition to our team.
- Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, hiking, running, exercising, traveling, and playing hockey.
- Family: I'm married to Denise and have 3 boys; Trever (21 years old), Matthew (19 years old), and Alex (17 years old).
- Pets: Currently, only one cat named Zack. I had hunting labs my whole life until this year, and I am trying to decide if I am going to get another one.
- Random Fact: My family and I have visited all 50 states within the United States.
- Most Memorable Vacation: Hawaii. We have been to the four main islands with Kauai being my favorite.
- Top Destination on Bucket List: Banff, Alberta.
- Most Memorable Concert: AC/DC.
- Favorite Food(s): Chicken and steak.
- Favorite Sports: Hockey.
- Favorite Season: Fall.
- On My Playlist: 70s, 80s, and 90s music (both rock and country).
- Work Fuel: Life fuels me. I enjoy just getting up every day and having new experiences.
- Dream Car: Aston Martin
- What do you love about your community? The people. There is no state like North Dakota when it comes to the people that you meet.
- “I’m excited to be part of the HEI team because it seems to be an engineering firm that stresses life balance along with family principles."