Christina Traner joins HEI as a Scientist located in Maple Grove. Christina will support various projects by conducting field work such as wetland delineations and biological assessments, developing technical reports, and navigating the permitting process to ensure regulatory compliance.
Originally from Forest Lake, MN, Christina earned her bachelor's degree in geology from Winona State University. Her history of serving watershed districts gives her a unique insight into what Minnesota’s natural resources need at a local level. This understanding will guide her work to best serve our clients and their communities.
Christina and her husband, Jake, at their wedding in North Carolina.
- Hobbies: Birding, hiking, reading, art/crafts, and hunting.
- Family: Recently got married to Jake Traner (October 22, 2022).
- Pets: We have one cat, a Calico Siamese named Tippy.
- Most Memorable Vacation: 2-week road trip in the southwest part of the US. Places included: Sequoia National Park, Yosemite National Park, Sonoma Valley, Joshua Tree National Park, Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, and Arches National Park.
- Top Destination on Bucket List: I would love to do a birding trip in the northwest US, traveling through multiple ecosystems (starting at the ocean and working up into the mountains). I have heard you can see up to 300 species in one day!
- Favorite Foods: Candy (mostly sweet/sour types), cheeseburgers, and sweet potato fries!
- Favorite Podcasts: Armchair Expert, That Sounds Fun, and Ologies.
- Favorite Season: Fall.
- Currently Reading: Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer.
- Work Fuel: I am obsessed with Bubbl’R!
Christina and her cat, Tippy. Christina enjoys being outdoors.