Welcome Mike Opat to HEI
Post Date: Aug 16 2019
Mike Opat, PE, CFM, joins HEI’s Fargo team as a Senior Project Manager. Mike will be supporting business development strategies and managing water resources projects across the firm. Specifically, he brings extensive expertise of North Dakota Water Resource District project development and implementation.
Mike is originally from Chatfield, MN, and currently lives in West Fargo, ND. He earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from North Dakota State University and a master’s degree in management from the University of Mary. Mike holds professional engineer licenses in North Dakota and Minnesota, is a certified floodplain manager, and brings more than 16 years of experience to HEI’s team.
- Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, and NDSU Bison athletics
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Prince William Sound in Alaska
- Top Destination on Must-Visit List: Normandy, France
- Most Memorable Concert Attended: Pearl Jam and Tom Petty in St. Paul, MN
- Currently Reading: Principles by Ray Dalio
- Favorite Music: 90s Alternative
- Best Weekend Activity: Hunting