Welcome Doug Thomas to HEI
Post Date: May 09 2019
Doug Thomas joins HEI’s Maple Grove team as a Senior Project Manager. Doug will work with staff to expand business relationships in key service areas, provide internal mentorship and guidance on key policy issues affecting water resources management, and provide senior-level support for the business strategies in the Maple Grove office.
The overall vision for this position is to provide a resource for strengthening and expanding HEI’s business relationships in the public and private sectors consistent with the prescribed strategic business initiatives.
Originally from Fridley, MN, Doug earned two bachelor’s degrees in soil science and agronomy from the University of Minnesota. His career in soil and water conservation has included time with the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, soil and water conservation districts, and watershed districts.
Doug's most recent work was with the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources where he was an assistant director overseeing the agency’s water management authorities and clean water fund programs and grants. He brings 41 years of experience to HEI’s team.
- Hobbies: Woodworking, golf, fishing, hunting, and travel.
- Family: Wife, Pat, and two sons, Erik and Scott. Also has three grandchildren.
- Most Memorable Concert: Abba at the Minnesota State Fair in 1977 where he proposed to his wife.
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Tanzania and Kenya in East Africa
- Currently Reading: Canoeing with the Cree
- Favorite Food: A good burger
- Favorite Sports Team: Minnesota Twins
- Favorite Music Genre: Country