Carlie Borchers and Ryan Fetch join HEI’s Bismarck team both as an Engineer I. Carlie will be assisting with water resources, transportation, and solid waste projects. Ryan will be assisting with water supply projects, primarily NAWS. His duties will range from drafting and design support to field observation.
Carlie is a Mandan native and holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from North Dakota State University and an associate’s degree in engineering from Bismarck State College. Carlie should be a familiar face as she previously interned at HEI.
Ryan is a Bismarck native and holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of North Dakota. Ryan previously interned with Basin Electric Power Cooperative as a structural engineering intern.
Carlie’s Fun Facts:
- Hobbies: Reading, playing video games, swimming, and playing Heroclix
- Pets: Owns a dog named Jack
- Favorite Music Genre: 80s rock
- Currently Reading: A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
- Currently Watching: Parks and Recreation and Game of Thrones
- Favorite Sports Team: Detroit Lions and she also enjoys watching swimming and cheering for team USA during the Olympics
- Favorite Food: Steak
Ryan’s Fun Facts:
- Hobbies: Running, baking, and playing disc golf
- Most Memorable Place Visited: San Francisco, CA
- Favorite Music Genre/Band: 80s, Boston
- Most Memorable Concert: Boston in Bismarck
- Currently Watching: The Flash
- Favorite Sports Team: Green Bay Packers
- Favorite Food: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches