Deon Wawrzyniak, PE, joins HEI's team as a Project Manager/Business Development Leader working out of our Grand Forks office. He will focus on business development strategies and leading urban and rural transportation projects to help expand HEI's services within northeastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota, with an emphasis on our initiatives in the Grand Forks region. In addition, Deon will develop construction plans and specifications as well as provide contract administration.
Originally from Newfolden, MN, Deon earned his bachelor's degree in construction engineering from North Dakota State University. He has more than 20 years of experience in the industry, with extensive experience working on North Dakota Department of Transportation projects. Deon is currently licensed as a Professional Engineer in North Dakota.
- Hobbies: Camping, fishing, woodworking, and home improvement projects
- Family/Pets: Wife (Tawnya), four children (Nikolas, Addysen, Josie, Kynzlie), and a dog (Oakley)
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Barbados
- Most Memorable Concert: Garth Brooks
- Favorite Music: Classic Rock
- Currently Watching: The Blacklist
- Favorite Weekend Activity: Camping with family
- Best Advice: Work hard and remain humble