Melissa Van Der Stad joins HEI’s team as a Communications Assistant. Melissa will be responsible for developing proposals, project reports, and presentations as well as assisting with various other marketing and communications tasks to support staff across the firm.
Originally from Park Rapids, MN, Melissa earned her bachelor's degree in journalism with a minor in Hispanic studies from the University of Minnesota Duluth. In her previous position, Melissa developed proposals and managed grants for a Fargo non-profit organization. In addition, she has written several articles and press releases.
- Hobbies: Backpacking, writing, crafts
- Pets: Three cats—Daemon, Purrsephone, and Cleo
- Favorite Food: Indian food
- Special Talents or Skills: Organizing community meals
- Best Advice Received: “Don’t worry about what you can’t control” or “One day at a time”