HEI welcomes two new hires to our team: Noah Irby and Kelby Laxdal. Learn more about them and give them a warm welcome.
Noah Irby joins HEI's team in Fargo as a GIS Analyst I. Noah will be performing mid-level to advanced professional GIS duties while assisting engineers, surveyors, environmental scientists, and programmers with their daily activities.
Originally from Bismarck, Noah earned two degrees from the University of North Dakota: a BS in environmental geography with a minor in sustainability studies and a BA in philosophy. Noah has diverse research experience in environmental geography and water resources that he brings to HEI's team.
- Hobbies: frisbee golf, karaoke, and video games
Favorite Concert: tie between Kanye West and Slayer
Most Memorable Place Visited: La Paz, Bolivia, where he traveled "The World's Most Dangerous Road (Yungas Road)
If Noah could swap places with anyone for a day he'd swap with his cat, Tyga
- Noah loves to eat Korean food and cheer for the Nashville Predators and UND sports teams
Kelby Laxdal joins HEI's team in Grand Forks as an Engineer III working in the transportation sector. Kelby will be managing a variety of transportation projects helping grow and expand our transportation services in North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota.
Originally from Edinburg, ND, Kelby earned a BS in civil engineering from North Dakota State University and is a registered engineer in North Dakota and Minnesota. Kelby has nine years of experience in the industry previously working for CPS, Ltd.
- Hobbies: woodworking and carpentry
- Family: married to wife, Angie, with two daughters: Annistyn (6) and Eisley (3)
- Unique Fact About Yourself: Kelby goes by his middle name
- Favorite Concert: Metallica at US Bank Stadium
- Currently Reading: Iron Gold by Pierce Brown