Zac McEachran joins our Maple Grove team as a Scientist in HEI’s Water Quality Service Sector. Zac will assist project managers with pursuing grant opportunities, complex water quality projects, studies, technical reports, GIS tasks, and more.
A native of Hinckley, MN, Zac recently completed his doctorate in forest hydrology, adding to his master's degree in natural resources science and management. He is an active outdoorsman who enjoys spending time with his growing family.
- Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, foraging, gardening, hiking, camping, reading, cooking, spending time with family
- Family: Married to Meg, one daughter, and a son on the way, due soon!
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Family farm where I duck hunt in southern Minnesota. My family has been within a couple miles of that farm for 150 years. Sunrise on the Des Moines River and whistling wings are always somewhere in my mind.
- Favorite Music: John Denver, Don Williams, Chris Stapleton, Gordon Lightfoot
- Favorite Food: My wife’s “Christmas Steak” – filet with a Dijon mustard-red wine-cream sauce
- Favorite Weekend Activity: Exploring the woods with my wife and daughter
- Currently Reading: St. Augustine’s Confessions; then on to Samuel Johnson’s Rasselas
- Random Fact About Yourself: For a while, I led a polka band! I play the saxophone.