Carter Haman and Kade Kukowski join our Fargo and Thief River Falls teams, respectively. Learn more about them below.
As a Survey Technician, Carter will be part of our survey team, supporting various civil engineering projects. He is a native of Perham, MN, and earned an associate degree in civil engineering technology from Minnesota State Community and Technical College. Carter’s previous experience before joining HEI includes interning with the Becker County Highway Department and being a seasonal foreman with a landscaping company.
- Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, and learning to golf
- Cheers for the: Vikings
- Favorite food: Pizza
- Famous person you want to meet: Adam Sandler
- “I’m excited to be part of the HEI team because of the great atmosphere and am excited to learn more.”
As a Civil Technician, Kade will provide survey and design services, prepare reports and cost estimates for civil engineering projects, perform on-site construction observation duties, and support project managers with client communications. Originally from Hermantown, MN, Kade holds a bachelor’s degree in integrated engineering from Minnesota State University Mankato. His previous experience through engineering internships and co-ops include leading land survey crews, collaborating with engineers on design plans, and performing construction staking and inspections.
- Hobbies: Duck and goose hunting, fishing, bow hunting deer, and spending time with family
- Most memorable place visited: Tempe, Arizona
- Enjoys listening to: 90s country music
- Cheers for the: UMD Bulldogs Hockey
- Favorite food: Tacos
- Random fact: Oldest of five siblings
- Famous person you want to meet: Eric Church
- “I’m excited to be part of the HEI team because I like to meet new people and learn new things.”