Employees Move to Full-Time Status
Post Date: Jun 01 2018
Rachel Glatt, Chris Gulan, and Andrew Sheppard have all moved to full-time status at HEI. Learn more about these employees and give them a warm welcome. Tom Wrede also moved to full-time status this month as mentioned in this earlier announcement.
Rachel Glatt started working part-time with HEI in 2015 and joins our Fargo team as a full-time Engineer I. Originally from Bismarck, Rachel earned her BS in civil engineering from North Dakota State University. Rachel will be working with our surface water modeling team conducting hydrology and hydraulics models for urban storm sewer as well as rural watersheds.
- Hobbies: spending time with friends and family as well as all outdoor activities
- Random Fact: she likes to knit
- Most Memorable Place She's Visited: Barcelona, Spain
- Currently Watching on Netflix: The Office
Chris Gulan started working part-time with HEI in 2016 and joins our Fargo team as a full-time Technician I. Originally from Hankinson, ND, Chris earned his AS in land surveying and civil technology from North Dakota State College of Science. Chris will be working with our survey department performing a number of field survey duties operating various instruments as well as office related duties.
- Hobbies: playing video games. His favorites are Fortnite and Madden 18.
- Random Fact: He's fascinated by Bigfoot. "Maybe one day I'll find the creature."
- Book He's Currently or Last Read: all the Harry Potter books.
- Favorite Sports Team: he's a fan of Colorado teams, including the Denver Broncos, Denver Nuggets, and Colorado Rockies.
Andrew Sheppard started working part-time in HEI's Maple Grove office in 2010 while working on his PhD in computer science from the University of Minnesota-Minneapolis. Andrew's dissertation, Managing Data Quality in Observational Citizen Science, focused on the data management practices of the International Water Institute’s River Watch program, as well as factors that influence the retention of volunteer observers in the CoCoRaHS rain monitoring network.
HEI congratulates Andrew on completing his doctorate program and welcomes him to our team as a full-time Senior Software Engineer. He will be responsible for architecting software platforms, such as Field to Market's Fieldprint platform, and helping mentoring other software engineers.
- He created the open source "wq" software framework, which facilitates the rapid prototyping and deployment of field data collection apps.
- While in graduate school, he studied Japanese (eight semesters), Korean (two semesters), and Chinese (one semester)
- Currently Watching on Netflix: A Series of Unfortunate Events