Nitsa Dereskos joins HEI’s Maple Grove team as an Engineer II. Nitsa will serve in the water resources sector providing a variety of services for flood management, stream restoration, urban and rural water quality improvements, and agricultural drainage projects.
Originally from Saint Louis Park, MN, Nitsa earned her bachelor of bioproducts and biosystems engineering from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She previously served the City of Minneapolis since 2018, moving from an intern to most recently an engineering technician in the Surface Water and Sewer Division.
- Hobbies: hiking, camping, exploring the outdoors
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Death Valley National Park
- Most Memorable Concert: The Social Animals at First Avenue
- Cheers for the: Minnesota Vikings and Golden Gophers
- Favorite Podcasts: How to Save a Planet
- Top Destination on Bucket List: I’d love to do the trek to Everest Base Camp
- Best Advice You’ve Heard: Go with the flow
- I’m excited to be part of the HEI team because of the growth opportunities and everyone seems to bring a positive attitude to what they do.