Cowing and Fursa Join HEI
Post Date: May 28, 2021
Gunnar Cowing and Zygmund Fursa join HEI's Fargo team as engineers. Learn more about them below.
Gunnar will work on transportation projects supporting project managers with designs, reports, and construction observation duties. Originally from New Ulm, MN, Gunnar earned a bachelor's degree in civil engineering with a minor in mathematics from North Dakota State University (NDSU). His previous experience includes civil engineering and transportation internships, where he worked on state highway and city street projects in North Dakota and Minnesota.
- Hobbies: Golf, fishing, and pond hockey
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Florence, Italy
- Most Memorable Concert: Midland
- Enjoys listening to: Country music
- Cheers for the: Minnesota Wild
- Favorite Podcast(s): Spittin' Chiclets
- Currently Watching: Dead to Me
- Famous Person You'd Like to Meet: Bradley Cooper
Zygmund will work on water resource projects supporting project managers with designs, reports, and construction observation duties. A native of Rochester, MN, Zygmund earned a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from NDSU. Prior to joining HEI, Zygmund worked for the City of Fargo as a seasonal construction inspector and was a teaching assistant at NDSU.
- Hobbies: Soccer, golf, and running
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Hawaii
- Most Memorable Concert: Fleetwood Mac
- Favorite Food: Sushi
- Favorite Podcast(s): The Joe Rogan Experience
- Currently Reading: 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson
- Currently Watching: Ozark
- Top Destination on Bucket List: Ireland