Chris Papenfuss has joined HEI's corporate team as a Safety Coordinator serving all offices from our Fargo location. As part of administering the health and safety program, Chris will educate employees on working safely, facilitate communication and safety awareness, perform audits, and work with our clients to ensure compliance with their safety requirements.
A native of Grafton, ND, Chris holds an associate's degree in fire science and bachelor's degree in occupational safety from Waldorf University graduating summa cum laude. He previously worked at Cargill for more than 13 years leading a production crew. His tasks also included waste program management, inspections, permitting, audits, investigations, and trainings. In addition, Chris has spent 14 years as a volunteer firefighter and created and deployed emergency action plans.
- Hobbies: Coaching softball/basketball and playing softball
- Family: Married to wife, Rebecca, with two children, Kyia (15 years) and Chloe (10 years), and their dog (Gronk) and two cats (Oreo and Snowey)
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Russia and the National Fire Academy in Maryland
- Most Memorable Concert: Shinedown
- Favorite Sports Team(s): Patriots, Red Sox, and Kansas Jayhawks
- Random Fact About Yourself: Has served as a volunteer firefighter for 14 years
- Favorite Food: Pizza