Ellie Arpin joins HEI's Maple Grove team as an Engineer. Ellie will help provide various hydrology and hydraulic models, water quality models, project plans, CAD designs, interdisciplinary projects, and onsite construction inspections and survey crew assistance.
Originally from Bloomington, MN, Ellie earned her bachelor's degree in bioproducts and biosystems engineering with an environmental and ecological engineering emphasis from the University of Minnesota.
- Hobbies: Gardening in my vegetable garden, cooking, and orienteering (running in the woods with a map and compass)
- Family: Cat named Quinoa that adopted my household.
- Most Memorable Place Visited: Glacier National Park; I did a 5-day backpacking trip in the backcountry and saw a Grizzly Bear with two cubs!
- Most Memorable Concert Attended: Brandi Carlile
- Favorite Sports Team: Minnesota United
- Currently Reading: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Currently Watching (TV series): Parks and Rec
- Random Fact About Yourself: I completed an adventure race with running, mountain biking, and canoeing.
- List Any Talents/Skills: I play guitar and sing
- Best Advice Ever Heard: Never stop learning new things.